How do I configure my device for a static IP?
CodinAndHaulin

One of my lines has a static IP.  I'd like to use that SIM in an iPhone 6s.  When I insert the SIM, it says "Could not activate cellular data network".  How can I change the APN to one of Verizon's static (i.e. mw01.vzwstatic or we01.vzwstatic).  I'm not seeing anywhere in the settings to configure.  When I was using an android phone, it was easy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I configure iphone for static IP?
Randalldreynolds
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the something on static on 9.1. you can not change it unless you use some hack website and create a apn profile. Verizon had to change me back to dynamic ip until the problem is fixed. as soon as they turned static on my air2 said i was out of data. there is no place to change in 9.1 Verizon please get a fixed soon I need static on my ipads.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Randalldreynolds
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the something on static on 9.1. you can not change it unless you use some hack website and create a apn profile. Verizon had to change me back to dynamic ip until the problem is fixed. as soon as they turned static on my air2 said i was out of data. there is no place to change in 9.1 Verizon please get a fixed soon I need static on my ipads.

0 Likes
CodinAndHaulin

Randalldreynolds,

Thanks for replying!  I had to do the same - reverted back to dynamic IP for the iPhone line.  I second that - Verizon, please unlock the cellular APN settings!

0 Likes