How do I get a tech support human on the phone? my iPhone is hanging up after 1 ring.
mlevin77

I'm using my iPhone 8+ for business. Lately, when someone calls (and it doesn't happen every single time, but I'd say at least 75% of the time), I get 1 ring and then it automatically sends them to voicemail. It's very disruptive and when I call tech support, I am shunted to an on-line bot which has some options for help but none of them are the problem I'm having. How do I get hold of a human tech support person who can help debug why this is happening?

0 Likes
Re: How do I get a tech support human on the phone? my iPhone is hanging up after 1 ring.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mlevin77, I'm disheartened to learn about your recent experience with your device as I can certainly understand the importance of your device working especially for business purposes. No need to worry as I am confident that you have come to the right place for help. You may absolutely contact customer service by dialing 800-922-0204, but I would like to make sure that we do everything we can to determine what is causing this issue within this platform. Does this issue happen in one location or everywhere you are using your device? Are you having difficulty with making calls, sending or receiving text messages or using data? Have you recently enabled Call Forwarding? http://spr.ly/6607EQkJh. The reason for my question is that this can typically happen with this feature enabled. I will be looking forward to your response.

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: How do I get a tech support human on the phone? my iPhone is hanging up after 1 ring.
mlevin77

Hi Kevin,

> You may absolutely contact customer service by dialing 800-922-0204,

will there be a human there? I've called customer service before and can't ever get to a tech support person.

> Does this issue happen in one location or everywhere you are using your device?

anywhere.

> Are you having difficulty with making calls, sending or receiving text messages or using data?

no, all of those work perfectly. In fact right after one of those incidents where it shunts an incoming call to voicemail after 1 ring, I am able to call the person right back, so it's not a network strength issue.

> Have you recently enabled Call Forwarding? http://spr.ly/6607EQkJh.

no, I've never done that. Now, I just went to the link you gave me and turned it off like the instructions said (called *73) - no message, just 3 short ringts. I assume it's been off, since sometimes the phone calls come through ok.

I  look forward to your reply.

0 Likes