How do I get full cellular service?
hurstpe

I have an I-Phone 7 Plus.  The State of Michigan suffered a Verizon outage yesterday.  Last night Verizon indicated all service had been restored.  I still cannot make telephone calls.  I only have 2 bars when I usually have 4 bars -- everyone in my area is having issues and I've heard nothing.  Any idea where I can go to officially file a complaint? 

[removed]

Content modified as required by @verizon_wireless_terms

0 Likes
Re: How do I get full cellular service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hurstpe, I apologize that you were having trouble with your phone due to a service problem. Of course, we want to ensure your phone is working with all its services. I checked Michigan, and currently, we don't have any reported issues, so we'll dive deeper and make sure your phone can have service. Whenever we have a service issue, after it is corrected we ask customers to power down their device for two minutes.

The reason for the power down is when your phone does a power-up, it refreshes its connection to the VZW network. If you haven't, I'd ask you to power down your phone for two minutes, then after that time has passed, power back up. Once you're back up, dial #832 (include the pound sign), to make a test call on the network. If you hear 'your test call has been successful,' then it shows the phone is properly connected to the network. You can then test your texting & data by sending messages and opening a webpage.

Please give that power down a go, and let me know what you find.

JohnT_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes