How do I get multimedia messages to open on an iPad 2 using Message+?
ADCKranz

Greetings,

Having difficulty getting multimedia messages to open on an iPad 2 using Message+ v2.1.2. I get the messages on my iPhone no problem, but for some reason only the text of the multimedia messages comes in, with the attached video displaying as simply a paper clip. I have tried disabling iMessage on the iPad. Checked that everything was up to date as far as Message+ as well. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get multimedia messages to open on an iPad 2 using Message+?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ADCKranz - You have come to the right place. I have an iPad as well and love using Verizon Messages on it. What is the current Software on your device? Settings>General>Software Update.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ADCKranz

The iPad is running iOS 9.2.1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I use Verizon Messages on my tablet too, ADCKranz. The same thing actually happened to me as well. Have you tried unsubscribe Verizon Messages, and then adding it back? 

To do that go into the app and select the menu option in the top right hand corner. You should see an option to choose and cancel a linked device.

MarcusSS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ADCKranz

Thanks for the responses. I work for a company called Alarm.com, this is actually based on a customer question. I was able to replicate on my iPad 2 and iPhone 6S combo today, which is nearly identical to the the customer's original setup (I have a different iPhone but we are both running 9.2.1). While his Message+ was existing and might make sense to disable and re-enable, mine was not. I will try regardless, but am skeptical.

Not sure if it matters, but the multimedia messages in question are coming from an email address used by one of our partners. I have not tested if multimedia messages from a different origin open correctly.

0 Likes