How do I set a data usage limit for my daughters phone?
lemswiler

My daughter constantly goes over her data allotment. I want to limit her to a set amount of data but when I try to do this online, it states that my device is not elligible. My entire family has Iphones!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I set a data usage limit for my daughters phone?
tigerthetony
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you get on your MY Verizon, you'll see Family base. You can use the family base feature to set data limits on lines on your plan. I believe it's free for the first couple months and 4.99 afterward.

0 Likes
Mishdoyle

I wasn't able to set data options, time restrictions or lock out to work on my sons iphone5.  I don't believe it's fully comparable with apple.  You can see who and when they call or text someone but that's it if they have an iPhone!

0 Likes
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

This will be a hard issue to address. I have read other posting asking about the same issue. The quick answer that people will give you is to sign-up for Family Base. Yet I am not sure if it is comparable with iPhones. And even if it was, there are holes in this feature, where children can get around the system.

0 Likes
techwhizmark
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kids these days can easily undo the family base settings As a parent, I would HIGHLY suggest cancelling that phone and getting your kid a device that you have the final say and executive control over.  I recommend the LG Optimus Zone 2 or LG Exceed 2 Prepaid devices. They have a built in feature called guest mode that lets you pick what features are available like their contacts, the ability to text and web access.  You set the master pin and they cant change any settings without it. When you enter the master pin you can see exactly what they did in the device history.  And with prepaid service you cant just stop paying anytime you want without a penalty or reoccurring bill.  Works very well for little kids or teenagers because you customize the entire functionality of the phone.  I block my younger kids from purchasing, unmonitored web browsing and calls that aren't from family. My teenagers have full use of the phone and they don't do anything stupid with it because they know I  will see everything.  Prepaid is probably your best bet.  The Zone is very reasonably priced and WiFi enabled.  They use our home WiFi and have learned to budget their data wisely. 

Hope this helps the parents out there

Marc

Snn5
Legend

And with prepaid service you cant just stop paying anytime you want without a penalty or reoccurring bill.

I know you meant "You can stop...

0 Likes