Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
How do I set an itunes song as my ringtone?
cattlefarm

I have an iphone 4s.  Previously had an android.  Through Zedge I set a song as my ringtone.  Zedge doesn't work with Apple.  How do I use an itunes song for my ringtone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How do I set an itunes song as my ringtone?
kaebfly
Leader

You will have to make it a ringtone using iTunes, then sync it to your iPhone so it will be available in the Sounds area of settings. There are a ton of tutorials out there to help you do this (some have been listed in old threads on this forum). Just do a google search to help you out (I would post the steps but it's much easier for you to look at sites that already outline the steps).

Example: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5901540

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

cattlefarm Ringtones are such an awesome feature to have. What happens if you go to the itunes store and search for ringtones?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

You will have to make it a ringtone using iTunes, then sync it to your iPhone so it will be available in the Sounds area of settings. There are a ton of tutorials out there to help you do this (some have been listed in old threads on this forum). Just do a google search to help you out (I would post the steps but it's much easier for you to look at sites that already outline the steps).

Example: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5901540

cattlefarm

I bought a song from iTunes but it doesn't appear in the list of ringtones on my iPhone. Think I did something wrong. Can I move it from music to ringtones?

Sharon

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

Did you buy a full song? Or a ringtone? If it's a song, like I said before it has to be properly converted to a ringtone in iTunes before it can be synced to your iPhone as a ringtone. Look at the link I provided above and follow the steps. You will need to do it via iTunes on a computer.