How do I sync data FROM the Verizon cloud TO my iphone?
BK123

The Verizon store synced my contacts when I moved from my dumbphone to an iPhone but they came over into the wrong fields. For example, all of the first names are in the Last Name fields. I can see that the data is correct in the cloud and I want to copy those contacts over to my phone. I have downloaded the Cloud app and I have tried to sync from the Cloud webpage (cloud contacts are correct - NOT the phone contacts) Nothing appears to happen. How is this supposed to work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I sync data FROM the Verizon cloud TO my iphone?
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
BK123

The FAQS don't actually help. That's what I tried first. There are two FAQS under Using Verizon Cloud that appear to apply. Under #8 - "How do I get contacts I backed up to Verizon Cloud on to my new phone?", there never was an option to Get Started. Regardless - I found the part of the App that allows me to restore and there is no option for restoring My Contacts.

FAQ#9 "How do I download content from Verizon Cloud to my phone or tablet?" tells me to select a content type to download or an edit button. There is no such option that I can see.

In addition, there is a sync button on the Verizon Cloud webpage but nothing appears to happen when I select contacts and then select sync.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I tell everyone this, forget the Cloud I use it only for a few photos. Go to a backup that really works and that's Google.

To start your backup:

Sign in to your Google Account from your phone and do the following:

Go to Settings, Personal, Backup and reset, and.
select both Backup my data and Automatic restore.

Go to Settings, Personal, Accounts & Sync,
and select your Google account

Select all of the option boxes listed, to ensure that
all available data is synced. After backing up your information, you will be able to set-up and sign in to your regular Google account from any Android phone or PC and all of your information can be saved and transferred.

Snn5
Legend

I have not one use for vzw cloud.

0 Likes
BK123

Im not a big Google fan and don't have an account with them. I use a different paid third party provider just for email. Im not wanting to use the Verizon cloud fulltime or even for backups. I just want to get my dang contacts straight without having to manually reenter every single one through the very tedious iPhone interface. The old backup that seems to be on the cloud has most of them and has them correct - the easiest thing for me to do would be to move them over....if there is a way to do it that actually works.

0 Likes