How do I turn off my 'green' texts?
rew1953

I downloaded the Verizon messages which would get android and iPhones texts. I am getting texts on both messages + and regular texts which is in green. How can I stop messages from going to green text app

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rew1953, SuzyQ provided some great info regarding using one application versus another. I can understand wanting to minimize the amount of alerts coming through, and the need to consolidate with one app. With the

iPhone, messages will still route to the standard messaging app, however you can disable the notifications from coming through your phone for the default app.

This can be configured by going to Settings > Notifications > Messages

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Set the Verizon Messages+ as the default texting app.

0 Likes
rew1953

How do I set it as default text app

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like iPhone doesn't have an easy way to set up default apps... (I have an Android, not all that familiar with iPhones).  Reading through other forums though, it looks like you need to turn OFF iMessages, or whatever texting app you don't want to use to force all the messages to go to Messages+.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rew1953, SuzyQ provided some great info regarding using one application versus another. I can understand wanting to minimize the amount of alerts coming through, and the need to consolidate with one app. With the

iPhone, messages will still route to the standard messaging app, however you can disable the notifications from coming through your phone for the default app.

This can be configured by going to Settings > Notifications > Messages

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes