How do you like the iPhone?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I've recently been toying with the idea of getting an iPhone. I've never had one as a contracted phone, merely used friends and families phones off and on; iPad's as well. I wasn't blown away when using it and found it frustrating, but I also don't like using the LG G2 because I'm not familiar with it. I'm currently using my S5.

For those of you who use iPhones or have used them, what do you like about them? What don't you like? How does it compare to android?

My main reason for wanting one is they seem more business friendly and eventually I'd like to get to the point where people can schedule with me online. I primarily use my phone right now for text messaging, e-mailing, calendar, photos, google maps and posting to Facebook manager. I'd like to sync my Hotmail account to my phone, is this possible? Will it sync my contacts like when you log into android with gmail?

I'm considering buying something used to see how I like it and get some hands on with one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you like the iPhone?
Snn5
Legend

That's a pretty expensive change for a lateral-use purpose.  (Love my G2)

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

iPhones will do everything you ask - sync hotmail, sync contacts with gmail.

iPhones are great phones, but I wouldn't necessarily say they are better than android. If you are used to a Samsung and have trouble adapting to another Android device like the G2, switching to the iPhone will be a drastic change to learn.

As with all the phones each have their good points and frustrating points.

Snn5
Legend

Many times I wanted to try iPhone.  But, I'm not about to even by a used one for those prices just to try.  I also have no friends or family with an Apple anything....might be my fault though as an early adopter of Smartphones.  They followed my lead on that.  However, I was the only BB user out of the bunch.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

All valid points. I think if Apple phones stood out like Apple computers do I wouldn't have to think about it, but my initial thought is the iPhone doesn't stand out, but it does seem like you can get more business friendly apps with it.

I'm not due for a new phone just yet and my S5 is going strong, just something to ponder. By the time I have to decide they will more than likely have the iPhone X.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What apps in particular?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'd have to find it, but it's a scheduling app for the business and it's only available on iPhone. I'm bet I could find another system on Android, I honestly haven't looked. It just makes the idea of an iPhone appealing, that and the Apple Watch. I love tech.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I have used both iPhone and android as my business phone. I find the iPhone to be more readily compatible with my work than android for the simple reason that the scripts my company runs to add the device to my company's local wifi do not run the same way across differing makes/models of android systems. As a result, my company does not allow android devices on my company's wifi which IS a major reason I prefer to use iPhone during the week and switch back and forth between iPhone/android on the weekend.

I also find the way iPhone implements bluetooth to be MUCH better than android. For example, when in my car with the iPhone and I attempt to dictate a message/command or use Siri, my car's audio system is silenced regardless what I am listening to in the car. When I do the same on android, my car's audio system is silenced ONLY if I am listening to audio thru the phone. It does not silence the car's audio system if I am listening to AM/FM/CD/XM which interferes with the dictation heard by the phone. It quite often inputs sounds it hears from the radio, etc...

I only wish Apple would allow widgets on the iPhone. I MUCH prefer to simply look at the phone's screen to find out information without actually opening up an app to find the information I would like to see. iPhone only allows icons on its screen, no widgets. Hopefully, since Apple allows widgets(complications) on the screen of its Apple watch, these same widgets(complications) will eventually work their way onto the iPhone screen. Of course, Apple has to come up with another name for what people call things so they can claim to have invented the practice. Why they have to name this "complications" as opposed to what people have been calling them for years, "widgets", is only an answer Apple can answer.

0 Likes