Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How many refurbished replacements does it take to get a functional phone?
vzbird

I am being sent my third replacement (not new) 5c phone in less than two weeks' time.  I find this ridiculous Verizon is inconveniencing me for defected phones they are sending me.  Each "replacement" phone had different glitches but the most recent has been the worst basically not functioning at all -   I cannot connect to wifi, clock freezes on a time, and apps won't load, screen freezes, setting freezes entire phone.  On top of that, I've had the sim card replaced, settings erased, factory data reset, software updated, and multiple restarts. I don't understand why I can't have a brand new phone considering it has been a huge inconvenience for me to keep going to the Verizon store, resetting my phone, changing out sim card, and finding a UPS store to send back defected phones when none of the issues has to do with some I did i.e. broken screen, lost, etc.    How can I get a new phone to guarantee a functioning phone instead of playing a game of Russian Roulette for a functional phone?  This isn't just bad luck, clearly recirculating refurbishes dysfunctional 5c phones to customers is making Verizon look bad.  Verizon, can you fix this issue? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How many refurbished replacements does it take to get a functional phone?
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Verizon will continue to send you the exact same phone you have each time until your warranty runs out.  Have you tried an Apple store yet? 

0 Likes
Re: How many refurbished replacements does it take to get a functional phone?
vzbird

Of course I went to the Apple store as directed by Verizon employee only to be told that that my warranty wouldn't cover any work Apple did on the phone because it was a replacement phone and not the brand new phone I purchased at the start of my Verizon plan. 

0 Likes