Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How to I get data in Canada
Mark48long

I called and got signed up for international data and can't actually get connected and get my email and data.  Phone is working ok and I have been in the "settings, cellular data, and have everything enabled.....but it still doesn't work.  I have also tried to connect to different carriers and reboot....no luck.  Any suggestions would be great as I need to get connected for work email. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to I get data in Canada
nicholasbranson

You might try "Resetting Network Settings", which is done by going: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, and then going back in to Settings>Cellular and make sure your roaming is still enabled.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
winterbaby18
rtiffin
Novice

Mark48long you will need to update your roaming status by dialing *228 from your device anytime you are out of the service area.. also go into your settings and make sure it is set to accept roam.. let us know if this clears up the issues with the roaming..

the following has also been located in the coverage area under My Verizon ..and explains better on the settings on your phone.

The MORE Everything Plan8480; - Features | Verizon Wireless

Although CDMA coverage is available in many areas in Canada and Mexico, for best performance and coverage we recommend a 4G Quad Band UMTS Global Ready device.

• 4G Global Ready devices will automatically select GSM

A digital wireless technology included in Verizon Wireless Global Ready mobile devices to use for placing calls and transmitting data while traveling abroad in certain areas. The Verizon Wireless network primarily uses CDMA technology for voice services, but GSM is used widely in Europe and other parts of the world. While traveling in countries that use GSM technology, you’ll need a Global Ready device to communicate on their network. Devices that only use CDMA technology aren’t compatible with GSM networks. See also CDMA and Global Phone.

A digital wireless technology included in Verizon Wireless Global Ready mobile devices to use for placing calls and transmitting data while traveling abroad in certain areas. The Verizon Wireless network primarily uses CDMA technology for voice services, but GSM is used widely in Europe and other parts of the world. While traveling in countries that use GSM technology, you’ll need a Global Ready device to communicate on their network. Devices that only use CDMA technology aren’t compatible with GSM networks. See also CDMA and Global Phone.

while in Canada and Mexico.
  • For 3G Global Ready devices, you will need to manually select GSM through the settings on your device.
  • Non Global Ready (CDMA only) devices may have limited coverage and slower speeds

PLEASE advise this post if this helps clear the roaming issue on your phone...

0 Likes