How to activate a replacement iPhone overseas after original stolen?
pa_tea_cakes

My daughter travelling abroad in Spain.  Her phone was stolen two weeks into the semester.  Miraculously got a replacement shipped to her, but our ignorance is preventing us from figuring out how to activate.  In our defense, the numerous calls to Verizon did not yield any advice for this scenario.  I pointedly asked what else I needed to know or do to assure she would have a useable phone and kept getting the same answer "nothing".  Any help/advice is appreciated.  As things stand, she can use phone with WiFi for iMessages and Facebook messenger but cannot make calls or download  any apps (WhatsApp, etc.).  She did purchase a local SIM card for her original phone instead of purchasing international plan.  We can certainly do this again, but is that the issue?  From what little I know, I don't think it is.  Too frustrated to call Verizon again.  Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to activate a replacement iPhone overseas after original stolen?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance in staying connected with your daughter while she is so far from home, pa_tea_cakes. Was the new device sent with a Verizon Wireless SIM card? Ensure the line is active by logging in via http://www.vzw.com/suspend.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes