dberthiaume6
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can i get my old messages

Labels (1)
Re: How to get older messages?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Old voicemail messages?  Old text messages?  Old email messages?

Were the messages you want backed up anywhere?  How "old" are we talking about?

A few more details will help us to help you.  However, if they are more than a month or so ago, and deleted, and not backed up anywhere, you are not likely to be able to retrieve them.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

[Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] ,

We want you to retrieve all of your messages. I know how important it is to have your messages especially if you are looking for a specific message. Do you have a back up saved on your phone using the Verizon Cloud?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
koolmexdude
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you just switched iPhones, iPad or iPod and were expecting all your text messages to move to the new device, I'm afraid that you're out of luck; I don't think that text messages sync to a new device... Even if you set the device with a backup.

0 Likes
VERYUNHAPPY0420
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you have Verizon Cloud, or One Drive, or any application that was backing up your info on a regular basis?

0 Likes
VERYUNHAPPY0420
Enthusiast - Level 3

If your info. was being backed up or synced to a cloud, or an email, or One Drive, etc. And you selected text messages as one of the things you wanted backed up/synced, then you should find them there.  If you didn't, and you didn't save them to an SD card, then you may be out of luck.

0 Likes
VERYUNHAPPY0420
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. When you set up your sync, it asks you what you want synced.  Like, texts, pictures, music, documents, etc.  I have an android and its always asked me if I wanted my messages synced.  Not sure about iPhone though.

0 Likes