How to unlock prepaid iphone to use for other carriers
ephraimju

Hello, I have a iphone which already used over 1 years. As Verizon's Unlocking Policy i could able to request unlock.

But unfortunately I could not able to contact Customer service. Please help.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to unlock prepaid iphone to use for other carriers
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

All 4G LTE devices sold by Verizon for use on their network are already SIM unlocked.

0 Likes
ephraimju

But my phone been locked. As I checked the unlock policy, 4G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones will come out with locked. Problem is I don't know how to request unlock, since my verizon services already suspended and no linked phone number now.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably needed to request the unlock while you were still a customer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello efraimju, 

I want you to be able to use this device. I do want to let you know that our 4G devices are not unlocked. If you are looking to use it with another carrier, you would just activate service with them, then put that carrier's SIM in your device. Here are the details for the policy:  https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy  

Thanks, 

Christina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The policy needs to be updated!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I think it was a typo...I think the CS rep meant to say 4G devices are not locked.  There were no instructions in there on unlocking.

Edit; pre-paid are not unlocked out of the box but can be unlocked.  Regular 4G devices are not locked.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

From Verizon's Policy Site:

Our 3G Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box phones are restricted for use with our Prepaid service for 6 months after activation and are locked to the Verizon Wireless network for 12 months after activation. After 6 months, the restriction to our Prepaid service is automatically removed. If service is disconnected within the first 6 months, a new 6-month period will begin if the phone is reactivated. After 12 months, you can dial *611 from your Verizon Wireless Prepaid phone or call 888.294.6804 and we will provide you with programming instructions so you can unlock your phone. If the user guide for your phone does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, we can help you with that as well.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The policy changed recently. Verizon will start locking phones to its network to prevent armed robberies | Ars Technica

0 Likes
RAMBAR17

unlock code verzion phone

0 Likes