How to use a contact's address for Wi-Fi calling 911 address?
vzwarlington
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want to update the address in my Wi-Fi calling setup (used for 911 dispatch routing) by selecting an address from my iPhone's contacts list.  Typing in the address (only thing possible right now) is clumsy and means I wouldn't be updating the address often, if ever.

To whom do I address a request for this feature:  VZW, or Apple?

(Even better, how about integrating this with the GPS unit, or 'frequent locations' thing, allow me to list the SSID and its physical location, so that wifi calling location is automatically updated.)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to use a contact's address for Wi-Fi calling 911 address?
sick-of-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 2

Personally, with IP and GPS that should be close enough for them to rough it in. Hopefully new routers gain a RFC Spec to add a address the phone can poll, ruling out any IP -> mapping errors that cause a poor grandma to get her door kicked in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're always here for support. Have you reached out to Apple regarding this concern?
KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzwarlington
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I haven't asked Apple yet about it.  This is one of those things that seems to be in a grey area between the wireless carrier (Verizon) and the device/OS manufacturer (Apple).

The information page that asks for a street address looks like it uses the "verizon font" and seems like it comes from VZW, not from Apple.

So, kleol_vzw, which company is the right one to talk to about this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WiFi calling is an amazing feature, vzwarlington. We want to make using this feature as simple as possible for you. I appreciate your feedback and I can pass it up the chain. Feedback is always a blessing so we can make improvements. Was there anything else I can assist you with today?
JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes