I CAN'T make or recieve outgoing calls/texts but CAN access the internet...
Salty1371

Has anybody encountered the same issue? The calls will say "calling..." however they do not go through and after about 20 seconds I receive a call failed message.

Texts go almost all the way through but then fail.

I am able to access my email and the internet though.

I have full bars and tried a reset with no luck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I CAN'T make or recieve outgoing calls/texts but CAN access the internet...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to find a way to get everyone back up and working as quick as possible. I'm not sure which iPhone everyone has, but the iPhone 5 cannot be updated by dialing *228. Instead, you'll need to reset the SIM http://bit.ly/SyEX4x to update the network connection. If you continue to have trouble, all three iPhone models have the option to only reset the network settings so you don't need to completely reset the phone. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

If you're still having trouble, please let me know what zip code you're in and which model iPhone you have and I'll be happy to help.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Try this: Dial *228 and choose option 1 to reprogram your phone.

0 Likes
ElleGray

I HAVE this problem too!!! and *228 did not help at all.

0 Likes
I CAN'T make or recieve outgoing calls/texts but CAN access the internet...
Oops3

I Dial *228 and am told "number is not allowed"! Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to find a way to get everyone back up and working as quick as possible. I'm not sure which iPhone everyone has, but the iPhone 5 cannot be updated by dialing *228. Instead, you'll need to reset the SIM http://bit.ly/SyEX4x to update the network connection. If you continue to have trouble, all three iPhone models have the option to only reset the network settings so you don't need to completely reset the phone. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

If you're still having trouble, please let me know what zip code you're in and which model iPhone you have and I'll be happy to help.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
nyet

Experiencing same problem for last 48 hours.

Beginning Friday evening, Dec. 14th.

Only a problem in my home residence, whether the i-phone WiFi connection is turned ON or OFF.

Calling 228 does not help, because I can't call any number successfully.

Tried the Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. -----fix, and it did not work.

I have a plain I-phone 4, less than 2 months old,

zip code 15243,  have had no similar issues in 2.5 years at this residence with Verizon Cell contract.

0 Likes
meemkins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Help! Same problem. I have an iPhone 6s Plus . My son has a galaxy s6. Tried resetting. No luck. Tried *228 and call cannot be completed as dialed. What is happening?

qxinfinity
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife has T-Mobile. She called and they said its a system wide shut down. There are aware of the problem and are trying to correct it. I will be getting T-Mobile as a back up.

0 Likes
qxinfinity
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even my son in Pasadena can't make any cell calls. Just text & Internet.

0 Likes
Sarahmcginley

I am having the same problem and I tried to resent network settings and it hasn’t worked. 

0 Likes