I Phone 6 plus says to activate after a year of service
verizoncustomerc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my i phone 6 plus for almost a year now. It was fine and about 6 months ago I went to check it at work and it said I needed to activate it and I had to log into wifi to do so. I don't have Wifi at work so I had to wait until I was home to activate it. Once it was activated everything seemed to be as it was. Now here it is doing it again. I have restarted it and it still requires activation by wifi?!?!? I can make emergency calls but nothing else. It was just sitting on my desk so nothing happened to it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I Phone 6 plus says to activate after a year of service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@verizoncustomerc

It’s important to me that you have a good-working iPhone 6 Plus to use on our 4G LTE network. I would love to assist.

First, let’s check the software on the device. Please tell me your device’s current software version number: http://vz.to/1NHAYPm. Since this problem began, have you tried powering off the device, then removing and reinserting the SIM Card: http://vz.to/1NPiqwu? Please keep me posted so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
verizoncustomerc
Enthusiast - Level 1

IOS 9.2.1  is the latest update it has received. I have never removed the SIM card but am willing try it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you are near an Apple Store I would suggest visiting them asap before your warranty expires (unless you have AppleCare+ of course). Best case scenario it's something easily fixed or is covered under warranty. Worst case scenario is that it's something that would void the 1 year warranty (although could still be covered under AppleCare is applicable)...such as damaged caused by water/liquid/condensation. I only suggest skipping everything else and going to Apple (or contacting them if one isn't in your area) because you said you've had it for almost a year and that would indicate that you have very little time left on the 1 year warranty.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@verizoncustomerc

Glad to hear the device software is up to date. Please try removing and reinserting the SIM Card and keep me posted with your results. This will allow the device to refresh it’s connection on our network.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Verizoncustomerc,

Thanks for the additional details. The device is on the latest software. Did you notice the error appeared after removing/adding the sim card?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
verizoncustomerc
Enthusiast - Level 1

As I had stated, I have never removed the SIM card. I purchased the phone at a Verizon store and they added the SIM card upon activation there. Nothing has happened to the phone to have caused the issue. For example it has not been dropped, sunk, or taken apart in any way. I have never messed with any software other than updating it as it suggests and have had no reason to touch the SIM card. Now that I know that removing the SIM card may help it "reconnect" I will try that if it ever happens again.

0 Likes