I am getting disgusting texts from a spoofed number. I need verizon to trace to correct call id
hktucker01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Disgusting texts coming from spoofed number to a stolen iPodtouch we used to own. I have done the leg work and found the number and the state that it resides in but I need Verizon to get the correct call id

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am getting disgusting texts from a spoofed number. I need verizon to trace to correct call id
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sorry to see this is happening to you, hktucker01. Tidbits is absolutely correct. It looks like you have some great detective skills already!  You do have to contact your local authorities in order to have the information you are requesting to be sent to you.
They would need to speak to our Law Enforcement Resource Team on your behalf.
Best of luck getting this handled!

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am getting disgusting texts from a spoofed number. I need verizon to trace to correct call id
Tidbits
Legend

You need to consult the authorities. Only they can get the information you are requesting.

hktucker01
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is my next step. But I would think Verizon can trace the spoofed number and get me the correct call_id. I work in the telcomm field and if I could have access to Verizons gateway I could get what I am looking for in minutes. But I am notifying the authorities tomorrow. It disgusts me that there are people like this in the world.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

legally Verizon can't give you what you are asking for.  They do not know if what you claim is true or not and you could be a stalker for example.  This is why they need a legal document saying they have to give the information which stops them from being liable for anything that happens after that.  So that's your best option right now is to get legal help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sorry to see this is happening to you, hktucker01. Tidbits is absolutely correct. It looks like you have some great detective skills already!  You do have to contact your local authorities in order to have the information you are requesting to be sent to you.
They would need to speak to our Law Enforcement Resource Team on your behalf.
Best of luck getting this handled!

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes