I backed up verizon cloud and still showing update pending,,,when will my pictures be in verizon cloud
CD68

after backing up Verizon cloud my pictures are still showing "update pending" Why and what do I need to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I backed up verizon cloud and still showing update pending,,,when will my pictures be in verizon cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CD68!  My apologies for the time its taking to upload your pictures to the Verizon Cloud!  This process can be quite lengthy actually.  Especially if it's the  first backup, the process can be extended.  When was the last time you backed up your phone to Verizon Cloud please? 

Please view this link: http://vz.to/1xUTB75 for any questions you have relating to the Verizon Cloud feature. If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to let us know.  Thanks for being a loyal Verizon Wireless customer!  Have a great day!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
Re: I backed up verizon cloud and still showing update pending,,,when will my pictures be in verizon cloud
CD68

Hi,

This is not my first time backing up verizon

cloud. The last back up was January 11,2015

Still showing context is pending for backup

and update pending.

Thanks

Christine

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Christine!  Thanks for the additional information, I do appreciate it!  Your last backup was on January 11, 2015, and no issues I assume with this backup correct? My recommendation would be to first completely power off (till you see the "slide to power off") the phone to reset it.  Then try the backup process again. 

If that is not succesful, I would reset the application by deleting the application (press and hold till it shakes & press on the X in the corner) and then re-install it back to the phone. A quick question as well, I see you have the iPhone, are you also using the iCloud to backup your information? You can also go to Settings < iCloud < Backup < make sure iCloud backup is on/green < Backup Now.  You'll need to be connected to Wi-Fi to backup properly. 

Please let me know if that helps!  Thanks again!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
CD68

Hi

I turned phone off and backed up again

still have the same outcome. Still states

Update pending and I used 10.1 prior to backing up.

Not sure what else I should do.

Thanks

Christine

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CD68,

Thanks for giving that a try. Do you mind me asking why you are trying to use Verizon Cloud instead of Apple's iCloud service that was made specifically for this function? It may be a great alternative.

Also, I've noticed on iPhones in particular if the screen goes black or if you try to navigate away from the Verizon Cloud screen while it's trying to back up that the back up stops and pends. You may want to try leaving the app on your main screen and stopping the screen from timing out in Settings>General>Auto Lock>Never. That may just do the trick!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

I use iCloud for my back up of what us currently on my phone. Works great. Never used Verizon Cloud. I also use cloud based apps like Box,Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos and videos. I then delete those from my camera roll. You don't need Verizon Cloud with an iPhone.

0 Likes