I bought an iPhone 5s in India, model A1530. Will it work in U.S?
emperorscourge
Enthusiast - Level 1

i bought an iphone 5s in india, model A1530. Will it work in usa ? will it work with verizon? i am planning to move to seattle permanently.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i bought an iphone 5s in india, model A1530. Will it work in usa ? will it work with verizon? i am planning to move to seattle permanently. so need to know.
mama23dogs
Legend

I Added a link to specs below.  According to the model number it will not work on Verizon.

Apple - iPhone 5s - Technical Specifications

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: i bought an iphone 5s in india, model A1530. Will it work in usa ? will it work with verizon? i am planning to move to seattle permanently. so need to know.
mama23dogs
Legend

I Added a link to specs below.  According to the model number it will not work on Verizon.

Apple - iPhone 5s - Technical Specifications

0 Likes
emperorscourge
Enthusiast - Level 1

will i not be able to make calls ? 3G should work right? LTE will not work i suppose?and will this be the same for all us carriers?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

It will not work on Verizon or Sprint which are CDMA networks.

It would work with US GSM networks like T-Mobile or AT&T

emperorscourge
Enthusiast - Level 1

i spoke to apple support..they don have a clue.. told me my phone wouldnt work in the US! but i doubt them. think you are right! thanks mama23dogs!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We would be so excited to welcome you to the Verizon family when you relocate to the states. You can also check the MEID to see if it will work with us http://bit.ly/QwJKVF.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your welcome.

If your phone fails to work well, you can always sell it on eBay or Swappa, and purchase a phone with tha carrier of your choice.   But as you can see from the specs, it has the same bands as US GSM.

0 Likes
emperorscourge
Enthusiast - Level 1

I checked the meid on the link you gave..it says that the phone is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless Network Smiley Sad

I so wanted to be on Verizon Smiley Sad

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Actually, not in Seattle..  You want At&t in seattle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We really want you to be with us as well. Perhaps you will be able to sell it to get money to apply towards a device that is compatible with our network.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes