I cannot send a picture message to non apple devices
curious98589
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 5s. The issue with messaging is that I can send iPhone users pic messages, and them to me (with wifi or data on) but non iPhone users can send me a pic, which I receive, but I cannot send a pic to them.  I can text to non iPhone users fine, it's just the image that won't go through.

Obviously I can use Apples service, but obviously not Verizon's? And I don't mean their app.

Be aware that I have done a network reset and have checked to make sure that MMS is turned on and on top of that I have 4 addresses that are stored for sending and receiving.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot send a picture message to non apple devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@wastudent

I want to ensure you're able to send and receive, picture messages from non iPhone users as well as iPhone users!

When did this problem begin?  Have you been able to send picture messages to other non iPhone users in the past?  Do you get an error message when you attempt sending a picture message?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
curious98589
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think I ever have been able to.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
curious98589
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, have never gotten an error message either. Would push the red !next to the could not send notification but it does not take me out of that space.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
curious98589
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is what it looks like- I've tried with basic phones and smart phones

With same results.

Paige

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

In Settings >Messages Toggle on "Send as SMS" and lower down, Toggle on "MMS Messaging".

0 Likes
curious98589
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I stated, this is already on. I guess either my phone or Verizon's service stinks.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

Go to messages and delete all the threads. Then go to Settings>Messages>Send and Recieve> uncheck all the email addresses. Top part and bottom. Then toggle off iMessage. Then sign out of iMessage. (Tap your Apple ID email). Then sign back in. Then toggle iMessage back on.

0 Likes
curious98589
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope. I tried it even though I knew it would be fruitless.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your patience wastudent! I want to make sure your pictures are working! Have you tried to turn off WiFi and i-message completely and retry? See here: http://vz.to/1Ju3hxr What software do you currently have?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes