I cannot set up voicemail on Iphone 6 . I get an error message when try to do so
DannyVL

I cannot set up voicemail on Iphone 6+.  I get an error message when try to do so

I did the procudure on Iphone, but it won't work

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot set up voicemail on Iphone 6 . I get an error message when try to do so
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Try looking at this Apple article. If none works then they suggest contacting the carrier to make sure they have the feature active on the account. https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201436

0 Likes
Re: I cannot set up voicemail on Iphone 6 . I get an error message when try to do so
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Being able to get voicemails are important DannyVL. Let's get you connected once and for all. What exactly happens when you are trying to set up your voicemail? Did you recently upgrade from an Android to an iPhone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Pat19

I'm having the same problem...when I tap on voicemail , I get no options to check. Phone just rings and I get an automated voice.

0 Likes
Pat19

I have tried everything but voice mail still does not work...who can I talk to to get this taken care of..,getting really frustrated..

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Contact Verizon as suggested to the original poster.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Pat19

It is unfortunate that you are having the same troubles. Thanks so much for trying the steps that we have listed. What do you hear the automated voice say? Please try the following step to resolve:

1. This link will advise how to set up your voicemail the native way by dialing *86 from the iPhone. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-14613/

2. Once called please leave yourself a test voicemail to make sure it is all set up.

3. Next reset the Network Settings on the phone. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-64531/ The phone will power off and turn back on.

4. After the above steps have been completed and the phone is back on, try accessing the voicemail option via the phone icon.

Thank you for allowing me to help! Please let us know how this works.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Pat19

Thanks for the instructions...when the system asks for the 4-7 digit password...I entered the last 4 digits of my cell phone number...the system tells me it's invalid. When I go into settings to try and change it... The system tells me the new PW is updating but I never get a confirmation that it has been updated...

Now what?

0 Likes
Pat19

Also it has been over 60 days from the time I purchased my phone...does that have anything to do with why my PW does not work?

0 Likes
Pat19

I guess I need to know, how do I reset my PW...

That might be my issue... I won't know for sure until I can get past that part of your instructions...thanks

0 Likes