Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
I cloud accounts
Coffeetime

How do I separate I cloud or I tunes account. I keep getting a copy of most of his "I'm" instant messages & vice versa. Someone said it's because we have same accounts or I plugged my phone into laptop which I normal don't do. Help nothing. To hide just annoying getting copied on each other's text messages

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cloud accounts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Coffeetime. It sounds like you're getting message overload. That would annoy me, too. If I understand the concern correctly, you're using the same Apple ID for two different devices (which is leading to unwanted/misdirected notifications intended for a different user going to your device). If I'm correct, then it's true that the solution is to create a separate Apple ID for yourself, and then log in to that account on your Apple device.

If I'm offbase here, please let me know. I want to help!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I cloud accounts
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Apple - iOS 8 - Family Sharing

The link above is to information on Apple's family sharing.  It allows separate Apple its but a shared library of music, apps, etc. 

Meanwhile if you both open settings, messages, and uncheck the Apple ID for send and receive.   You can do this for FaceTime calls also.

0 Likes