I have an iPhone 6. I am unable to use data while on calls. Please help.
Akila_Devi
Enthusiast - Level 2

It displays that I will not be able to use data while on calls. Is it an issue with iPhone 6?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have an iPhone 6. I am unable to use data while on calls. Please help.
Weth
Legend

And on the phone, go to settings/cellular and set LTE to voice and data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You must enable Advanced Calling on your phone and/or account.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

And on the phone, go to settings/cellular and set LTE to voice and data.

0 Likes
Akila_Devi
Enthusiast - Level 2

But shouldn't this be one of the basic features of the phone? If it is an issue with iPhone, will I be able to receive this feature if I switch to an Android device?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

AC isn't right for everyone.  That's why it is off by default.  You must have a strong LTE signal for AC to work and most people, as of yet, still can't use the feature with a certain level of reliability since, if you drop LTE and go into a 3G area, you drop your calls.  Other people still use ringback tones and RBT are not compatible with AC, network extenders also do not work with AC enabled.  Android can also take advantage of AC on the newer phones going back about 2 years.

Weth
Legend

iPhone 6 is the first Apple phone on Verizon to be able to do voice and data. 

The new Android phones are the same way, must have Advanced Calling to enable voice and data. 

Basically, if you have a newer phone, you will need Advanced Calling to do voice and data.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What's you concern?

0 Likes
Akila_Devi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to achieve it by -> go to settings/cellular and set LTE to voice and data.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

Take heed to what Snn has mentioned.  Advanced Calling can be a real pain if you float between strong LTE coverage and 3G coverage.  And sometimes it's just spotty in many areas.  I tried the feature for about a week on my 6+ and turned it back off due to constant dropped calls.  Thought I'd give it another go when I got my 6s+ thinking that a year had past and just maybe there had been some upgrading to the technology in my area...nope!...turned it off again.  It just isn't worth the headache of the constant dropped calls...at least in my area and I live in large metro city in the heart of the midwest. 

Snn5
Legend

Yeah, like my signal...4 bars voice and 1 bar LTE.  It's a no-go for me.  Dropped and missed calls galore.

0 Likes