I have an iPhone 6 and I am traveling to Canada. I am connected to WIFI and have the cellular data and roaming for voice calls and data turned on and I am not receiving any phone calls or messages, I am only able to access the internet.
sammip90

I have the roaming Canada/Mexico plan and I traveled often with my iPhone 4 and never had a problem.  I am connected to WIFI and have my data, roaming data, cellular data, iMessage etc all turned on and I am not receiving any calls or messages- I had friends ask to test this out.  The same applies when I try to turn the iPhone off.  I have rebooted the phone as well.  This was not a problem until I left the country this morning and started roaming.

Please give any feedback if possible I would really appreciate it. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have an iPhone 6 and I am traveling to Canada.  I am connected to WIFI and have the cellular data and roaming for voice calls and data turned on and I am not receiving any phone calls or messages, I am only able to access the internet.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sammip90,

So sorry to hear about the trouble with receiving calls and messages! Are you able to send messages? Can you make calls? Just to be clear, is voice roaming on? If it was off please turn it on, power the phone off and back on and retest. If roaming is enabled and you are still having trouble with calls and texts please reach out to our Global Support Team. Here are instructions for reaching them while outside of the U.S.: http://vz.to/1ki5lQF .
BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have an iPhone 6 and I am traveling to Canada.  I am connected to WIFI and have the cellular data and roaming for voice calls and data turned on and I am not receiving any phone calls or messages, I am only able to access the internet.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sammip90,

So sorry to hear about the trouble with receiving calls and messages! Are you able to send messages? Can you make calls? Just to be clear, is voice roaming on? If it was off please turn it on, power the phone off and back on and retest. If roaming is enabled and you are still having trouble with calls and texts please reach out to our Global Support Team. Here are instructions for reaching them while outside of the U.S.: http://vz.to/1ki5lQF .
BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes