Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I just got a new iPhone and want to replace my daughters texting phone with my old iPhone, what do I do?
Marbeth

I just got  a new iPhone and want to replace my daughters texting phone with my old iPhone 4S, how do I do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I just got a new iPhone and want to replace my daughters texting phone with my old iPhone, what do I do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's activate your iPhone 4S on your daughter's line Marbeth! Please power off her current phone, then call *228 on your iPhone 4S, select option 1 and follow steps. Power off at the end of your call and now your iPhone 4S will be active on your daughter's line. I recommend backing up your daughter's phone info first and do a factory reset to you phone before activating on her line so that only her numbers will be on that phone after activation.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I just got a new iPhone and want to replace my daughters texting phone with my old iPhone, what do I do?
Erkead

Call in and request a Device ID swap from old device to new device. You may have to pay an additional amount every month if the old "texting" phone is a basic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's activate your iPhone 4S on your daughter's line Marbeth! Please power off her current phone, then call *228 on your iPhone 4S, select option 1 and follow steps. Power off at the end of your call and now your iPhone 4S will be active on your daughter's line. I recommend backing up your daughter's phone info first and do a factory reset to you phone before activating on her line so that only her numbers will be on that phone after activation.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes