Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm having trouble activating my new phone
byrdkg

Note: My new phone is an iphone 6, and my previous phone was an iphone 4s, both are verizon. I've gone through the setup wizard and I've restored the data that I had backed up on itunes, however, it's still not letting me use iMessage (it's saying that its waiting for activation). Any ideas as to why this is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm having trouble activating my new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

byrdkg, Let's get your new phone up and running! Does your phone show Verizon or LTE, currently?  Is it just your iMessage feature that is giving this message of "waiting for activation"?  Are you able to make calls and send text? Please share details so we can help.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nrjohnson92

Here is a good article to work with to resolve your issue Solved: iMessage error “waiting for activation” fixed on iPhone.

0 Likes
byrdkg

Cellular data and LTE are both enabled. Also, a few more details:

• I went through the setup wizard and restored all my data that was on my old phone BEFORE I called the activation number (1-877-807-4646). Could that be the problem?
  • I have tried restoring my new phone (using itunes) and then tried to call that number again, but the same problem occured: it didn't tell me my phone was activated, but merely told me that "terms and conditions have been accepted for this number"
  • I cannot text or make phone calls
  • When I go to Settings -> phone, it says that "My Number" is "Unknown"
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

byrdkg,

Sorry to see the trouble with completing activation! Thank you for sharing those additional details. Calling the number after setting up the device should not stop the activation process. make sure your old phone is powered off and reset the network settings http://vz.to/1B7yLI1 . Any change? What zipcode are you having the trouble in? Any prior signal trouble there?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nrjohnson92

byrdkg,

Are you using a new SIM card?

0 Likes
jecozens

I am having the same issue. Can someone help??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry your phone isn't working properly jecozens. Are you able to make and receive calls, access the internet, use the stock messaging app? What specific issues are you having with your new phone?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes