Traveling to Australia for a month. I'm using a iPhone 6. I plan on buying a SIM card at the airport. Never have dealt with SIM cards before or travel to Australia. What do I need to know?
1) Contact Verizon to unlock my phone?
2) How to safely store my old SIM card for when I return to the US?
3) Will the phone work any differently?
4) Will all my data content still be on my phone?
5) Will iCloud be the same in Australia as in the US in regards to phone and stored data while in Australia?
Australia for a month sounds like a trip of a lifetime! Those are some great questions that you present. We will do our best to answer them for you.
There is no need for Verizon to unlock your device as it is unlocked and ready to use internationally already; http://vz.to/1WHL5GQ
All of your data, media, pictures, etc. will still be stored on your phone. However, you may need to check with Apple regarding any possible changes to iCloud functionality internationally.
How the phone functions will depend on the local carrier that you use your phone with and storing your SIM card would just involve ensuring no phsyical or water damage is incurred.
Let us know if you have any questions!
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!