I phone6 plus
mommabev77

My iphone6 plus will not power on. The charger is plugged in and it won't do anything. How do I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I phone6 plus
dirtrakdoll

The exact situation happened with my iPhone 6 Plus a couple of weeks ago. I pray what has happened to me doesn't happen to you. It will also be interesting to see what Verizon has to say in their reply to your question.

So my situation goes a little something like this...Phone working fine, no issues, no concerns on my part. All of a sudden, the screen turns black....never to turn on again...After trying EVERYTHING, even breaking down and taking it to an approved Apple Retailer, I was told NOTHING could be done about it. The support representative in the Simply Mac store assured me that I had done nothing to cause the issue, he confirmed that there was no damage to my charging port or to my phone. The fact remained, the phone would not power on. Their ONLY solution...get a 'new' phone. Side note, the phones are NOT new!! They are called 'fru' phones a.k.a. Refurbished.

I should mention that I only had the problem phone for 13 months and I bought it out right! It was $1000. The Simply Mac store could only offer replacing my phone for something in the neighborhood of $400 plus turning over my old phone, all of my memory included.

So I called Apple. They were not able to solve the problem.  They were only able to talk me through their generic step my step troubleshooter. I requested to speak with someone in management because again, they wanted me to buy a replacement. I spoke with someone in management, that's what I was told, and he again tried to get me to reset my phone. My thing is this,  if I'm speaking with you Mr. Manager...why wouldn't it occurred to you that I've probably already tried a hard reset?? Seriously? Saddened, I moved forward as he recited his Troubleshooter 101 training manual.

When it was said and done, I was given a 'new' phone without charge BUT lost EVERYTHING!!! EVERYTHING! Don't get me wrong, I am thankful that I didn't have to spend anymore money on a phone seeings how I spent $1000 plus high quality case and high quality face shield. I treated that phone better than I do some people...all for nothing! Oh and yes, I have iCloud but there is something wrong with it and is forever telling me it's full when I log on all the time and delete pictures Etc. to no avail. I believe the whole 'Your iCloud storage is full' is Apple's sly way of trying to get more money from their customer but that's another conversation.

No one will ever be able to convince me that more couldn't be done to fix my phone and/or save my information. When I tell you I would have gladly paid $400 just to save the information that was on that phone, it's the gospel! I guess next time my battery on my car dies, I will be forced to go buy another one!! WOW!! That's about all there is to say to what has happened.

I sincerely hope this will not be the case with your phone. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Good luck with your phone.

0 Likes
Re: I phone6 plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mommabev77, let's get your device working properly once more. Let's try a soft reset on the device to see if it will power on. Soft reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time. Hold them until the Apple logo appears.

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes