I plugged in my IPhone 6 to my computer while I was using my computer and all my data on my phone was used somehow?
Cale188

Please help me understand why this happened.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I plugged in my IPhone 6 to my computer while I was using my computer and all my data on my phone was used somehow?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you had personal hotspot on in settings on your iPhone then when you connected it to your computer the computer was using the Internet via your phone. If you don't want that happen then you need to turn hotspot off prior to connecting it to your computer. If that's not what happened to you then I'm not sure.

0 Likes
Re: I plugged in my IPhone 6 to my computer while I was using my computer and all my data on my phone was used somehow?
Cale188

My hotspot was on but is there any way I can fix all the data usage? I'm assuming not but 93% of my data is gone already.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately since you actually did use it there isn't anything you can do other than going up a data plan (and making sure it's back dated).

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Agree with kaebfly

the hotspot screen on the iPhone clearly shows wifi, Bluetooth, or USB as connections for the hotspot.  You used it, no one else's fault. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to clarify, when you use your phone's hot spot then it does pull from your data allowance. Please keep in mind that a computer will use more data then your cell phone will. We recommend checking out all the ways you can monitor your usage here: http://vz.to/1E9LJSn.

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes