I recently upgraded from an iphone 4 to iphone 6. My husband has a 6 as well. We also share an itunes and icloud account and now all out contacts are merging together. How can we separate them?
Yvette_L

Is there a way to separate contacts for two people sharing the same icloud and itunes account? I recently upgraded my iphone from a 4 to 6 and my husband has a 6 as well. Now all out contacts are merged and if I take his off my phone, it also takes some off his as well. It's all messed up. Can we create a new icloud account and move either mine or my husband's off?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I recently upgraded from an iphone 4 to iphone 6. My husband has a 6 as well. We also share an itunes and icloud account and now all out contacts are merging together. How can we separate them?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have two separate Apple IDs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: I recently upgraded from an iphone 4 to iphone 6. My husband has a 6 as well. We also share an itunes and icloud account and now all out contacts are merging together. How can we separate them?
Yvette_L

So do you think it's possible to split them at this point? I took my phone in to the Verizon store and the employee was more concerned with the customers that were going to make him money than with me.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

one of you get new AppleID, then you can delete items in the address book to clean up. 

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Yvette_L wrote:

So do you think it's possible to split them at this point? I took my phone in to the Verizon store and the employee was more concerned with the customers that were going to make him money than with me.

Because this is an Apple question that you should visit an Apple store for.

Yvette_L

The closest Apple Store is two hours away. Not feasible.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

1-800-My-Apple

0 Likes
Yvette_L

Thank you, I’ll give them a call.

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also check the Apple forum for the steps.

https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.