Re: I traded in my iPhone during the $650 promotion over 24 months... and then instead got $265 and no matter who i talk to, no one helps.  Verizon sucks for customer service when they screw up
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

It was a Holiday promo in December 2016..  THE CSR even verified it. I know what I was to get with this holiday promo.  Problem is I did this online, total regret, should have went to corporate store.  When the CSR VERIFY that is correct but STILL do not correct THEIR mistake, something's wrong. This was for the LG V20, not ALL phones. 

0 Likes
Re: I traded in my iPhone during the $650 promotion over 24 months... and then instead got $265 and no matter who i talk to, no one helps.  Verizon sucks for customer service when they screw up
mama23dogs
Legend

Do you have a copy or details on the promotion ?   I agree with doing business in the store, sometimes the phone rep don't get all the information correct. 

I suspect some  part of the promotion was not done correctly, but without picking through the fine print, who knows.

BTW, if I had a dollar for every time the phone reps say, "sure You qualified the credit will show on the next bill..." I would have a bundle $$$$$.  They placate, and pass the buck. 

Don't mean to be doubtful, but I wouldn't be too bad off if I got a dollar for every time a customer said they were sure they qualified and did everything correct.   Not to insult you, please.  These promos can be picky and tricky.   And if the reps misrepresent them, the customer really gets screwed over.

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, I do have proof of the promo.  And I'll be patient, March comes and it's not corrected, won't bother with the CSR will just go directly to BBB to get it straightened out.  Everything was done correct on my end.  How would one click on the promo and it show as a different one?  Unless Verizon reps did it on purpose.  So, just advise people if they don't get their promised promo, just go to BBB and file complaint.   Oh and YES, I chatted and double checked and the V10 DID qualify as a trade in for this promo.  And I refuse to get screwed by VW.

0 Likes
Re: I traded in my iPhone during the $650 promotion over 24 months... and then instead got $265 and no matter who i talk to, no one helps.
tdperry
Contributor - Level 1

Don't feel alone.... for the past 4 months I've been fighting with Verizon when I did their promotion when the iPhone 7 first came out.  Paid off the contract on my wife's iPhone 6 Plus, had to order the new 7 Plus and wait for it to come in.  Never got a box to ship the old one back and when I went in was told that it wasn't showing as eligible since the contract was not paid off.  But further investigation revealed that it WAS paid off but in one of their systems it still shows as not being paid apparently.  Been getting a run-around each time I go in to have it taken care of (plenty of notes on the account about it).  I'm just about to the point of taking them to small claims court for the amount that is due.  I've decided if they can't get it fixed by next week (each time I've gone in I've been promised that it would be resolved by the next week) my only recourse will be the small claims action.

And my purchase WAS done in the local "official Verizon" store.

Technically in my opinion they've breached my contract, but I really don't want to leave to another carrier as I've been with Verizon since they purchased out Alltel locally.

0 Likes
Re: I traded in my iPhone during the $650 promotion over 24 months... and then instead got $265 and no matter who i talk to, no one helps.
mama23dogs
Legend

tdperry wrote:

Don't feel alone.... for the past 4 months I've been fighting with Verizon when I did their promotion when the iPhone 7 first came out. Paid off the contract on my wife's iPhone 6 Plus, had to order the new 7 Plus and wait for it to come in. Never got a box to ship the old one back and when I went in was told that it wasn't showing as eligible since the contract was not paid off. But further investigation revealed that it WAS paid off but in one of their systems it still shows as not being paid apparently. Been getting a run-around each time I go in to have it taken care of (plenty of notes on the account about it). I'm just about to the point of taking them to small claims court for the amount that is due. I've decided if they can't get it fixed by next week (each time I've gone in I've been promised that it would be resolved by the next week) my only recourse will be the small claims action.

And my purchase WAS done in the local "official Verizon" store.

Technically in my opinion they've breached my contract, but I really don't want to leave to another carrier as I've been with Verizon since they purchased out Alltel locally.

"Paid off a contract".  You cannot pay off a contract unless you leave Verizon service.  Do you mean you paid off Device payments?   Only Edge/Device payment plans can be paid off.

Any customer under contract at the time they activated the new phone was not eligible for the iPhone upgrade promotion.

Breached a contract?   You would have to have one that backs up what ever it is you think you are entitled to.  If you have device payments, then you are not under anything other than the terms of service, which favor the carrier. 

Promotion terms are strict and favor the carrier.

0 Likes
tdperry
Contributor - Level 1

mama23dogs wrote:

"Paid off a contract". You cannot pay off a contract unless you leave Verizon service. Do you mean you paid off Device payments? Only Edge/Device payment plans can be paid off.

Any customer under contract at the time they activated the new phone was not eligible for the iPhone upgrade promotion.

Breached a contract? You would have to have one that backs up what ever it is you think you are entitled to. If you have device payments, then you are not under anything other than the terms of service, which favor the carrier.

Promotion terms are strict and favor the carrier.

Really hate to bust your wanna- be bubble, but yes, a contract, the contractual obligation that you ENTER when you participate in the edge program.  You know, that little piece of electronic "paper" that you sign agreeing to the payments.  That is called a contract. [Removed]

And yes, they breached their contractual agreement with me since I had all devices already paid off when the new phone  was ordered  and 2 weeks before it arrived and was activated... and they FAILED to complete the agreement of the rebate that was promised in their promotion (of which I had already participated successfully with my old iPhone 6 that I used) as the iPhone 6 Plus was complete in it's outstanding balance (and yes, I have receipts dated for the payoff, the new phone order and I have the paperwork that shows the active promotion at the time).

[Removed] the statement that the device payment plan was completed PRIOR to the fact of the upgrade.  That's what "paid off the contract" (you know that thing you agreed to to participate in the EDGE plan) means.  The EDGE payments were completed by one lump sum payment PRIOR to the transaction of the new order being placed.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes