IOS 14.8 Possibly causing calls to drop on VZ Network Extender
dclarke977

I have poor VZ cell service in my neighborhood so I installed a LTE extender in my home. Everything has been working great until today when I upgraded my iOS device to 14.8. Now during my calls, I will be talking with someone and then lose the ability to hear them speak. IN some cases, they can still hear me, in other cases the call drops completely. I then attempt to call back and I get call failed. Eventually, the signal on my phone will then show no bars. when checking my LTE extender, it shows active with no issues. 

Another example is my device sits for a while and shows full connection, I attempt to make a call and I get call failed. The phone shows full bars but the the LTE device says no devices are connected. I turn off and on my airplane mode and my phone is unable to reconnect to the LTE home network. Only after multiple phone resets and/or LTE resets do I connect. But then I eventually loose it shortly after. 

I have run speed tests before and after this to see if I am experiencing and issue there and my average is 218 down/180 up. 

Not sure what else to do at this point as I can't make/receive calls without this in my home. 

0 Likes
Re: IOS 14.8 Possibly causing calls to drop on VZ Network Extender
Charing
Enthusiast - Level 2

My situation is a little bit different. After iOS 14.8 updated, my iPhone data connection speed (both 5G and LTE) became extremely slow and "5GUW" never shows up again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out, we know how much you depend on your service to keep you connected. I know that as a customer myself, I depend on mine. We want to make sure that you can as well. I have sent you a private message to continue. -Rosie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Charing. We know getting the best possible speeds with your phone is important, and we'd be glad to help look into things with you. Has it been consistently slow since the update? *Zaak

0 Likes