IOS 9 causing Celllular Data Problems!!!
HarleyDC30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently I am not the only one with this problem.

My phone was working completely fine, up until this latest ios update.

Now I can't even use my cellular data anymore. I go turn on cellular data, and then down to the specific app that I want to use.

No matter if I do that or not, I still get no internet connection when I open the app to use it.

I go back to cellular data and the toggle switch for the app will be automatically off again.

This is a extreme pain as I use my cellular data for a lot of things to check on.

It this a Apple problem or a Verizon problem?

Would like it fixed, but seems like nobody is getting a response besides to wait for the next ios update. Ugh!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IOS 9 causing Celllular Data Problems!!!
HarleyDC30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried something and it has helped for now.

Go to your settings, general, reset and go to erase all content and settings.

Just make sure you back up to either itunes or icloud.

I just had all my apps re downloaded with some apps having updates.

I am able to turn cellular data on and use my apps for now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Has been mentioned in multiple threads that Apple is aware of the issue and is working on fix. Haven't experienced it myself but I'm sure it's extremely frustrating. If restoring the device doesn't help there doesn't appear to be anything that will until the next update arrives.

0 Likes
HarleyDC30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried something and it has helped for now.

Go to your settings, general, reset and go to erase all content and settings.

Just make sure you back up to either itunes or icloud.

I just had all my apps re downloaded with some apps having updates.

I am able to turn cellular data on and use my apps for now.

0 Likes
Tlc100

I am having the same problem. Finding a phone number to actually speak to someone at Verizon is impossible. Hopefully Apple will fix this ASAP. In the meantime I'm on the road with no data. Good thing my phone uses AT&T just for such occasions!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You either call the 800 number 800-922-0204 or dial 611 from your device. The 800 number is easy to locate on their website.

0 Likes
oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

Your not the only one having this problem, I'm also having this same issue and iOS 9.0.1 didn't fix the issue either but I pray to god that the next update 9.0.2 or 9.1 will fix the problem

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

yeah vzw does not like to lose money so I don't expect it to be long

0 Likes
Echo7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought I was going insane on Sunday.  My iPhone is doing the same thing!  Specifically with the Apps; VZ Navigator and Cyclemeter - both of which I use a lot!  With VZ Navigator I get the message "having trouble communicating with its servers.  Please try again [2001]."  Cyclemeter doesn't give a connection warning, it just won't display your route when you are in motion.  But BOTH Apps automatically turn off the Cellular Data toggle within settings - it won't stay on!  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both to no avail!  And yes I am on ios9.     

I called Verizon on Sunday who put me through to Apple - surprise, both companies subtly blamed each other.  UGH!  I then went into the Verizon store in my area, and the kid who helped me, really didn't.  He just told me to use "Maps" and just wait to see if there are updates.  Really??  That's all you have for me?  Poor service both on phone and in store Verizon - WTH, you never used to be like this! 

Now - how do we get this problem resolved please?  I would like my Apps working again. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your Apps to work as intended Joe, thanks for the details outlined in your message. In review of my resources, I see that a software update to iOS 9.0.2 has just been released. Please update your software and test. You may need to do a restore via iTunes https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252 to ensure that no corrupted system files are causing your phone to malfunction.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Echo7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for you reply!  In fact I just installed iOS 9.0.2 and knock on wood, so far so good!  All Apps appear to be functioning as normal now!  Always frustrating when updates in tech knock something out of whack that you use almost daily.  Greatly appreciate the reply.   

0 Likes