IPHONE 8+ INDOOR DROPPED CALLS
GLEMUH74

OUR SAMSUNG S7 WORKS FINE AND HAS FULL BARS. TWO NEW IPHONE 8+ PHONES DROP CALLS AND GARBLE CALL'S WITH SAMSUNG EXTENDER OR WI-FI WITH A BOOSTER AND PLENTY OF FINE TECHNICAL SUPPORT. LOVE THE PHONES BUT COME ON, GIVE ME THE ANSWER QUICKLY. PLEASE.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPHONE 8+ INDOOR DROPPED CALLS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GLEMUH74, 

Dropped calls are no fun, so we understand your frustration and need for help. It's quite concerning to us to learn that you have an S7 that works fine, but the two iPhone 8 Pluses are not working so well. We're here to help. Which model network extender do you have? Are you only experiencing the dropped/garbled calls on the iPhones when indoors at a specific location? When connected to WiFi, does the signal bar indicate VZW WiFi? 

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GLEMUH74

Samsung 3g extender. Disconnected and in a drawer as per the advice of your online tech support. Bought and installed a Signal booster for Wi Fi as per the instruction of Verizon tech support. Dropped and garbled calls happen at various times and various places inside our 1200 sq. foot home. When we were using the Samsung Extender we NEVER saw VZW Wi Fi. Not when we use the box in N.J. or where we live now in Florida. I have over 15 hours total on with tech support and am getting agitated. I just spent a bundle on these phones. I think from my humble experience and opinion that it may be the cases sold to me at the Verizon Store. They are beautiful and thick one piece Otter boxes which might be blocking the antenna.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GLEMUH74, I can understand how you're feeling especially after getting those new phones. It should be fun and exciting to have new devices. Your thoughts about the cases are worth checking out. As a test, trying using one of the iPhones without the case and see if the call quality improves. We also would want to check how your phones are set up.

Based on your last message, it sounds like you're no longer using your extender. Have you activated Wi-Fi Calling on your devices? If you have home Wi-Fi, you can use that as almost an internal tower, which then routes your call to the network. The majority of new phones have this ability, which helps deal with signal issues indoors.

To activate Wi-Fi Calling on the iPhone, you want to follow these steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-208397/

Please try to activate the Wi-Fi Calling and do the test without that case on one of the devices. Let us know what you find.

JohnTr_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes