Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IPhone 5s
Astreiff21

My wife's phone is not making or receiving calls. It has a wireless network and can face time and send and receive texts. What can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone 5s
smith6612

Dial #832. What do you hear?

0 Likes
Astreiff21

I hear nothing. No dialing or ringing. It just says calling but its quiet.

0 Likes
smith6612

Okay. So with that said, try this. Turn off the Wi-Fi on the device, and make sure the phone has it's mobile data turned on. What network do you see? Does the data service work?

Next, go to Settings > Cellular, and temporarily disable LTE. Do you have 3G or 1X service? Does the data service work?

Go ahead and turn on LTE and Wi-Fi at this point and confirm your findings.

You can also try going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, just to make sure the phone doesn't have anything wrong with it from that regard. You might need to re-connect to your Wi-Fi network after doing this, but this should force the phone to re-activate with Verizon.

To make sure your phone has the latest carrier profile, go to Settings > General > About while on Wi-Fi, and sit here for a few seconds. If you are prompted to update your Carrier settings, click OK to do so.

I would also make sure the iPhone 5S is on iOS 9.2. Newer Carrier settings will apply to newer versions of iOS.

Let me know if any of this helps.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Astreiff21, we appreciate your efforts thus far. We're stepping in to help. When did this issue start on her device? How many bars of reception does she have on the top status bar? Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes