Re: IPhone XS poor call quality
vandaluz03
Enthusiast - Level 1

Zip code is 94513. But this isn’t a localized problem. Happens anywhere. At work, friends house, gf house, indoors and outdoors.

0 Likes
JACWHI18
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't matter where I am - home, driving in my car, sitting in a park...after 7-10 min., call degrades into robotic and poor quality.

0 Likes
JACWHI18
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue happens no matter where I am. I don't think it is a signal strength or locality issue.

0 Likes
lad756
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is the phone itself. Google all the complaints about the Xs. Apple knows there is a problem, per the tech guy at the Apple store. You are not alone. You would be better off to go back to the Iphone 8. Apple will just keep pushing out updates to the Xs which usually make their phone problems even more buggy. Not sure about the Xr, but I find it interesting that is the X phone that Apple is focusing a lot of their ads on now, and the Xr is actually a step down from the Xs. The difference between the two is so minimal the phone owner would hardly notice. The screen is different (lower pixels by a smidge), and few other things. Does it have the same problem as the Xs? I don't know since they just released it. This may be one time it is not Verizon's fault Smiley Happy

PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe this is an Apple problem with my XS. My fiancé has a 6S

purchased in March 2016 and doesn’t have any trouble. We visit place all

over Albany, NY area and she has a better signal and call quality on her

phone with trade in buy one get one deal I’m paying under $600 per phone.

It’s still too much money for a xs that has poor call quality. The upgrade

in camera feature etc. just isn’t worth it. I considering a cheaper xr but

it felt clunky in my hand. I use my phone a lot for work so call quality is

my number one concern.

0 Likes
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee

I know this has been an ongoing issue Vandaluz03 and we need to get this resolved. We certainly don't want to see you go. I know you have been talking with us for quite some time. I would like to investigate your account. I have sent you a private message.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JACWHI18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree -- paid way too much to only be downgraded. Has anyone been successful in getting Apple to replace the phone?

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

This would absolutely be challenging to deal with, JACWHI18. How long have you had this phone? Have you had this problem since you've had it, or did it recently change?

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details provided JACWHI18. This is a great device and want have a great experience on your calls. Did anything change on the phone when the problem started? Are you using a case or screen protector on the device? If using a screen protector have you tried removing and try making calls?

AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vandaluz03
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh I wasn’t planning on leaving Verizon. You guys have great coverage and never had an issue up until now. I was just stating about paying the phone off during tax season to either drop back to an iPhone 8 or a X. Only did wish that I would have gotten a replacement to see if it would make a differenc.

0 Likes