If I enable Personal Hot Spot on my IPhone will I be able to have internet access for my IPad? Just want to make sure before I do this
DMMJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can I enable my IPhone to be a personal Hotspot and be able to use it to get internet access for my IPad.  I just bought the IPad mini WiFi + Cellualar and they come pre-loaded with ATT, Sprint, TMobile. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I enable Personal Hot Spot on my IPhone will I be able to have internet access for my IPad? Just want to make sure before I do this
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi DMMJ,

We are so elated to hear of your interest in the Mobile Hot Spot feature!  The Mobile Hot Spot feature is easy to use for Internet access, launch the app on an MHS capable device and connect up to 5 Wi-Fi devices on a private Wi-Fi network.  The feature will work with your iPad mini. The Mobile Hotspot feature does use billed cellular data. You can check your plan via MyVerizon http://spr.ly/6584AgyY  to see if the feature come included in your plan or if there is a separate fee for the feature.

Thanks,
PamelaF
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: If I enable Personal Hot Spot on my IPhone will I be able to have internet access for my IPad? Just want to make sure before I do this
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi DMMJ,

We are so elated to hear of your interest in the Mobile Hot Spot feature!  The Mobile Hot Spot feature is easy to use for Internet access, launch the app on an MHS capable device and connect up to 5 Wi-Fi devices on a private Wi-Fi network.  The feature will work with your iPad mini. The Mobile Hotspot feature does use billed cellular data. You can check your plan via MyVerizon http://spr.ly/6584AgyY  to see if the feature come included in your plan or if there is a separate fee for the feature.

Thanks,
PamelaF
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: If I enable Personal Hot Spot on my IPhone will I be able to have internet access for my IPad?  Just want to make sure before I do this
DMMJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im sorry, maybe I wasnt clear.  I dont need a private WiFi network as the IPad is WiFi enabled which I can pick up just about any place.  I need to be able to connect to the Internet where WiFi is NOT available (say at the Beach) and connect my IPad via Bluetooth.  Is that a capability that can be done.  or No

0 Likes
Re: If I enable Personal Hot Spot on my IPhone will I be able to have internet access for my IPad?  Just want to make sure before I do this
Snn5
Legend

Yes, you can use the hotspot from the phone on a More Everything plan to connect the iPad to the Internet so that when you are away from traditional WiFi your phone will be the WiFi for the iPad.

0 Likes
DMMJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I DO NOT have a More Everything Plan, nor do I want to change my current plan.  So will this work.  Will I be able to Piggyback internet access via my IPhone enabling the Personal Hot Spot via Bluetooth.  I just want to make sure that I will have internet access when away from my home WiFi set up or any establishment that has WiFi available.  I dont want to pay for something that will not work and will only work if I change my plan

0 Likes
DMMJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon,  please advise on the below comments.  Need to make sure as I do not have a More Everything Plan

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you do not have More Everything, you do not have hotspot.  Your device will not provision.  You will not be able to hotspot.

0 Likes
DMMJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you

Snn5
Legend

Welcome.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

DMMJ wrote:

Im sorry, maybe I wasnt clear.  I dont need a private WiFi network as the IPad is WiFi enabled which I can pick up just about any place.  I need to be able to connect to the Internet where WiFi is NOT available (say at the Beach) and connect my IPad via Bluetooth.  Is that a capability that can be done.  or No

A hotspot is a private Wifi network.

0 Likes