If I restore my iPhone 4s while overseas can I still use my roaming capabilities?
bperez95

Due to a battery problem I might have to restore my iPhone 4s. If I do restore will my SIM card still be activated and will I still be able to use my roaming capabilities?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I restore my iPhone 4s while overseas can I still use my roaming capabilities?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
bperez95
This is odd! I want to make sure that this issue is resolved, but want to make sure that cellular service is not lost while traveling. Please call our Global support from an alternative number for further assistance in this matter http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/worldwide-access-numbers/ .
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: If I restore my iPhone 4s while overseas can I still use my roaming capabilities?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
bperez95
This is a good question! We want to make sure that you don't lose the capability to use your phone while traveling overseas. Where are you located exactly? What battery issues are you having?
JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bperez95

I am located in the United Kingdom, my iPhone 4s keeps restarting when plugged into the charger. It won't restart unless it goes into lock mode. So for instance, I'll use my phone for whatever application then leave it alone for a few minutes, as soon as the phone auto-locks itself it will restart. I've contacted Apple and they recommend a restore to the phone. Only problem is last time I did this I was still in the UK and lost my cellular data and was not able to recover my cellular usage until I returned to the states. Is there anyway I can still restore my iPhone with out losing my cellular data and coverage?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Got it, bperez95! Thank you for that helpful information. Because you are in a GSM area if we were to do a restore on you device while traveling, you would lose your cellular service and would need to be in our Verizon CDMA Network to activate. How long will you be traveling for? When did this issue begin?
JorgeO_VZW
0 Likes
bperez95

I'll be abroad for another two months, this issue began this morning.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
bperez95
This is odd! I want to make sure that this issue is resolved, but want to make sure that cellular service is not lost while traveling. Please call our Global support from an alternative number for further assistance in this matter http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/worldwide-access-numbers/ .
JorgeO_VZW
0 Likes