If somoene else on my verizon plan has an upgrade, can i take it from them if i have edge and they take my phone?
tesso
Enthusiast - Level 1

If somoene else on my verizon plan has an upgrade, can i take it from them if i have edge and they take my phone? will it cost extra besdies the upgrade fee?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: if somoene else on my verizon plan has an upgrade, can i take it from them ifi have the edge and they take my phone? will it cost extra besdies the upgrade fee?
Snn5
Legend

You do not have to give up your contract phone if you are taking another user's upgrade.  They lose their upgrade and are stuck for 2 years in that contract.  But, if you are taking another's upgrade, that affects their line, not yours.  If you were Early Upgrading, then yes, you would have to turn in the current contract/DPP phone.  I do not believe you can transfer a phone on DPP to another user without having paid off that phone first, otherwise you just keep paying for that phone until paid off.  You'd probably want to sell that phone rather than trade for an upgrade and pay for 2 phones.  Remember, the person who takes the upgrade is having to pay $20 more a month on access charges for a phone they don't have.  Of course, if your DPP amount is near $20, then it could be a fair trade for a few months.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: if somoene else on my verizon plan has an upgrade, can i take it from them ifi have the edge and they take my phone? will it cost extra besdies the upgrade fee?
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, you can take there upgrade

BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

If your using the device payment plan it will cost you the taxes for that device. You also must give up the device that has the upgrade.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You do not have to give up your contract phone if you are taking another user's upgrade.  They lose their upgrade and are stuck for 2 years in that contract.  But, if you are taking another's upgrade, that affects their line, not yours.  If you were Early Upgrading, then yes, you would have to turn in the current contract/DPP phone.  I do not believe you can transfer a phone on DPP to another user without having paid off that phone first, otherwise you just keep paying for that phone until paid off.  You'd probably want to sell that phone rather than trade for an upgrade and pay for 2 phones.  Remember, the person who takes the upgrade is having to pay $20 more a month on access charges for a phone they don't have.  Of course, if your DPP amount is near $20, then it could be a fair trade for a few months.

0 Likes
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

I took my mom upgrade and I was on a device payment plan for my device. My device payment remain the same and the new device payment plan was under the person who had the upgrade. You can also give that person your phone. I switch a couple of devices around on my account.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, you can do that, but perhaps the other user doesn't want to pay $20 extra a month for access fees for 2 years on a phone they don't have or $20 extra for a phone that is older than the new one they don't have now...because they gave it away to someone else.  But, that's a personal preference.

0 Likes