Imessage issue unresolved by apple and Verizon.
ducks_cant

I have been bounced back and forth between Verizon and Apple for the last 2 months. My Imessage has been unable to send or receive Imessages from my phone number. I am able to log in through my email, however, anyone who I originally had an Imessage thread with through my phone number, cannot send me a text...when they do, I do not receive it. I spent 2 weeks with apple trying to resolve the issue and had their engineering team take multiple cracks at it. We were able to deduce that Apple is not receiving a request from my phone number to activate Imessage, this usually happens through silent sms and there is an issue with the process along the way. We tried logging in through another apple ID and we got the same results. They insist that it is a Verizon issue. When I get on the phone with Verizon, they insist it is an apple issue and that it appears that I will need to be issued a new phone number in order to remedy the problem. This is not acceptable. I have been passed off far too many times to count and I am now considering canceling my service and abandoning the iphone all together.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Imessage issue unresolved by apple and Verizon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ducks_cant, we truly would not want you to leave due to this issue. I know this has been a long ordeal but help is here. We can certainly pick up from where we left off with troubleshooting with you. With this being an ongoing issue, may we have the steps thus far that you have already tried? What's the zipcode you are currently in? Are calls/data and regular text working fine?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ducks_cant

I am currently in 22042 and calls and data work just fine.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

What has been done? Has Verizon given you a new SIM card to see if that helps? If you're still under the manufacturers warranty have you requested a replacement device to see if that helps? Not sure if you have an Apple Store in your area but if you do it might help to go to them so they can see the issue firsthand and try a different device to see if that works. If the issue exists on a different device also I would imagine the issue is on Verizon's side and not Apple.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that zip code there does not appear to be a problem with text in that area. How long have you had this device? What phone did you have prior to this one? Are you able to receive text messages from people who have Android devices?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ducks_cant

Verizon issued me a new device which I received yesterday. The same issue occurs on the new device. The issue must be on Verizon's end. Every time I talk to apple, they explain exactly why it is a Verizon problem while Verizon uses a blanket "its an imessage problem, therefore its an apple problem." The thing is, I am using multiple apple id's and the same thing happens with each one...making it an issue with my phone number.

0 Likes
ducks_cant

I have had the device since October of 15. It worked fine up until February of 2016. I had an Iphone 5 prior to this one, which also had no issues. I am able to text people without Imessage. However, as I stated, when someone with Imessage brings up my contact to send me a text, if they select my phone number and send, I will not receive it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s keep this train moving towards a resolution, Ducks_cant! With the texts and calls working without issue, we will want to examine the Apple ID’s that are associated with the device. How many Apple ID’s do you have on your device currently? Have you attempted only having one ID associated with the device and seeing if the issue persists? What other devices do you have connected to the Apple ID’s that are currently in use if you don’t mind?

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ducks_cant

I have only had one ID associated with device. I don't have any other devices that use the apple ID except for my old phone, which I no longer use.

When I log in with my other apple ID's it gives me the same issue "authorization unsuccessful" but I can still send imessages through my email. Under send and receive it has two things listed. My phone number and my email. My email has a checkmark next to it, my phone number is bold, but cannot be selected.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

This actually baffles me. On the one hand it seems like a translation issue. If it has worked all this time then all of a sudden stopped, it seems like an Apple issue. I would have apple look into it again because it's their service. Verizon only provides the number and that's the case for any carrier.

0 Likes