Re: Imessage issue unresolved by apple and Verizon.
ducks_cant

I am failing to understand your logic. I pay my bill every month for unlimited text messaging and it is not working correctly. I am not receiving all my text messages.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

TText messaging and messaging are two totally different things. I messaging is not sent via the text network; it's actually data. Your texting is just fine. If other people can't text you via iMessage guess what, that's their data plan and not yours so it is no financial implication to you anyway. Get it?

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

To be fair...you're not paying for iMessages. Those are free and would work even if you no longer had active service (with an email address of course since if your service wasn't active you wouldn't have the use of the number). You can still receive messages from friends that use idevices...you would have to receive them as sms though and not iMessages. That can be done in your settings so you will no longer miss messages from those people while this iMessage issue persists. Just something to consider as most people probably have unlimited text messaging.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Is FaceTime only not working with your phone number? If that is the case you can have people FaceTime you with your Apple ID (email address). Just make sure you have it as an option in settings.

0 Likes
ducks_cant

I don't think you understand, when I turn imessage off, I still don't get sms from people with imessage that send me texts.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I thought you said that you have no problems receiving regular text messages and the only issue was iMessages.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Thats most likely due to the fact that in their phone you probably still turn up blue. As a result, from them it's an iMessage. I still believe this is an apple issue though

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I assume you've done everything in this Apple article but it won't hurt to go through each one again...just in case. Worst case scenario is that you're still having issues. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065

0 Likes
ducks_cant

I can receive regular sms from android users. However, I cannot receive texts from anyone with an iphone that has imessage active.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did you attempt going back through all of the suggestions in that article...even if you've done them before already?

0 Likes