Instead of free shipping.......
Barboh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi

I have what should be a simple question. I am very close to upgrading from an Iphone 5S to the 6S+.  They offer free delivery to your home, but can I request it be delivered to my local Verizon store instead?  I don't want to chance it being left on my porch, and I don't want to have to go to the post office to pick it up.  Plus, I have to take my old one in to have all my info transferred to the new phone. Plus, I want to be sure the old one is completely wiped clean before I give it to my niece.

So. does anyone have a quick and easy answer?

Thanks a bunch

Barbara M.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Instead of free shipping.......
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Barbara, this is, in fact a simple question. If you have an upgrade available for your line of service, you should be able to visit a Verizon Wireless store and complete the upgrade there. Typically, the stores have ample stock of the more popular devices (with the exception of new releases). They can also transfer all of your information from your old device to the new one.

DeannaL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your quesion please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Barbara, this is, in fact a simple question. If you have an upgrade available for your line of service, you should be able to visit a Verizon Wireless store and complete the upgrade there. Typically, the stores have ample stock of the more popular devices (with the exception of new releases). They can also transfer all of your information from your old device to the new one.

DeannaL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your quesion please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

imc2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, if you still want to have the phone shipped instead of picking up one from the store (for example, if there is a promotion that is only available from a source that ships the phone-that is, the promotion is not available from the store), then give a work address (for example) or some other street address where someone can be available to sign for the package. Verizon uses FedEx (not the USPS), and they will NOT deliver the phone without a signature. If no one is home when they try to deliver, then they typically leave a note with a number to call to get the package.

Barboh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you both for the feedback. But it's a done deal. I bought the phone last night, and it will be delivered to my home.  Hopefully when I get a tracking order, I can contact FedEx and ask them to leave it with my neighbors if I'm not home.  Although, I am retired now, and can't make myself go out for just any reason. Like I procrastinated today, so I'm off to the grocery store now at 7:00 pm.

Thank you again!

0 Likes
bbking
Enthusiast - Level 3

Barb, Rarely is s new phone from VZ online delivered "next day". It's free overnight shipping once they're done processing your order. It took a week for my husbsnd's Father's Day Gift to arrive. As far as changing all info from one phone to the new one, you don't need Verizon. ICloud keeps everything & when you turn on your new iPhone 6s+, it will walk you through a couple of steps until you're asked to enter your Apple ID & password. Or iCloud ID. They're the same. It will take a few minutes but when it restarts, everything from your 5s will be on your new 6s+.  I love mine!!! My 5s still has everything on it until I'm sure I've got everything (I have trouble with IOS syncing as our internet is slow & it takes longer for pictures to download from icloud ). You can hit Reset then Reset all which puts the 5s back like you received it ready for your niece. Verizon Store will charge you $25 + to transfer the same information. I ordered my phone from Apple online, got it in 18 hours, it came with  VZ software because Apple asks   who your carrier is. I got The AppleCare+ Plan for my new 6s+ because it's a better warranty & insurance, a lot cheaper & better  than anything Verizon offers..

Hope you like your new phone.,

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

FedEx will have to make one delivery attempt before you can release the delivery to a neighbor.  When you see the note on your door, look for Direct (you) or Indirect (person over 18) Signature lines.  This will tell you whether you must sign or if not, you can leave a note or write on the door tag the immediate neighbor requested. 

0 Likes
bbking
Enthusiast - Level 3

It often indicates on the order form whether Direct or Indirect Signature is required. If Signature is required, you can sign ahead of time after you check out and receive the tracking #. Verizon's iPhone 6s+ will not be in stock until Feb. 12, 2016. Overnight with VZ doesn't happen from the day you order it. It's so disappointing when you're extremely excited to get

your new phone.

Barboh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the follow up suggestions.  But, I'm OK waiting. And bbking (I saw your name on an email on my phone, when I had first woke up and all I could think was, Wow! bbking emailed me! ) thanks a lot for the heads up on transferring my stuff from my iP5S to the new one.  One of the hardest decisions I had to make was going from 32 GB to 16, or buying up to the 64GB.  Which is what I finally did, since the 64GB was going to cost the same as I pay now for the 32GB.  I'm really technologically challenged, and use all my spare time cussing Microsoft and Windows-10!  I guess it's hard to believe I retired from being an operator at a nuke plant for 30+ years.  My husband passed away almost 3 years ago, and I just stay focused like I needed to be to stay working.  Now, I'm learning all the nice little things he did that I never had to worry about.  Like trying not to put a hammer into my computer screen.

But, rest assured I will be here often once the new phone comes.

0 Likes