Insurance company is requesting a copy of my text messages , how long does verizon keep messages, and even with a court order how much information can they get/
Luvbug4870
Enthusiast - Level 1

Deer hit my car and now insurance is requesting copies of my phone records and text messages, how many days does Verizon keep and to what content can they supply with a court order?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Insurance company is requesting a copy of my text messages , how long does verizon keep messages, and even with a court order how much information can they get/
Tidbits
Legend

I believe 10 days. Also why do you need the contents? If anything you can log into MyVerizon and you could print out your usage without the content within them.

0 Likes
Re: Insurance company is requesting a copy of my text messages , how long does verizon keep messages, and even with a court order how much information can they get/
Luvbug4870
Enthusiast - Level 1

How long does verizon keep them if they are wanting the content? They are wanting to know what day if and when i texted someone that the deer hit me

0 Likes
Luvbug4870
Enthusiast - Level 1

I delete my messages at the end of the day, so the messages they are wanting have been deleted

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I believe for Text messages it's 10 days and the only way to get it is through a court order.  Other than that the best you get is when and where you sent and received text through MyVerizon.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They don't need the contents. You can log into MyVerizon and print up your usage for the month.

0 Likes