International Texting to US numbers (non-iMessage)
jmkemp25

I have a US number and an international texting plan, but my text messages to US numbers that aren't an iPhone will not go through. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International Texting to US numbers (non-iMessage)
mama23dogs
Legend

International Prepaid Phones & Plans - Verizon Wireless

I Have included the link above for prepaid roam options.  Prepaid plans do NOT have roaming options in Europe.

The $10 per month prepaid is for you to make long distance calls from the USA to Mexico and Canada.  The plan does not cover roaming.

In general, prepaid plans from most carriers cannot roam.

If you have an iPhone 5 or newer, you can remove your SIM card and buy a local prepaid SIM card for use while in Europe.

FYI - when outside the USA, your phone is using its GSM radios, Europe doesn't have CDMA service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IS your plan for texting while roaming?   Is roaming on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived, jmkemp25. Can you clarify, you can't text any non-iPhone users while you're outside of the country? What country are you in? Do the messages not send, or are they not received?

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jmkemp25

I have the $10/per day plan, and I'm currently in Paris, France. And yes, my roaming is on for voice and data and international CDMA.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing us with those details. May we ask if your international services through our prepaid or postpaid department?

KleoL_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jmkemp25

Prepaid, I believe. I informed Verizon I would be out of the country on 12/28, and I was told that I would be charged $10 every day that I used either my text messages, data, or minutes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying that information. Have you attempted reaching out to our prepaid department?

0 Likes
jmkemp25

What is the number to that department? I tried calling the international support line, but it said that hours aren't until 8am (EST, I'm assuming)

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

International Prepaid Phones & Plans - Verizon Wireless

I Have included the link above for prepaid roam options.  Prepaid plans do NOT have roaming options in Europe.

The $10 per month prepaid is for you to make long distance calls from the USA to Mexico and Canada.  The plan does not cover roaming.

In general, prepaid plans from most carriers cannot roam.

If you have an iPhone 5 or newer, you can remove your SIM card and buy a local prepaid SIM card for use while in Europe.

FYI - when outside the USA, your phone is using its GSM radios, Europe doesn't have CDMA service.

0 Likes