Invalid SIM
michelm77

This happens every other day at least. It will usually fix itself if I turn it off & on a few times but not today. I have an iPhone 6. Help, please?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Invalid SIM
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Michelm77, Help has arrived! Let's get that sim card to be valid in your iPhone 6. How long has this been happening? Was this the original Sim Card that came with the phone that was use to activate it? Perhaps the Sim Card needs replaced and this can be obtained at one of our corporate stores using this link http://tiny.cc/jugj1x and keep us posted. 

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CBSai9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, so I have been having this problem with my iPhone 6 from Verizon for over a year with two replacement phones. (and replacement SIM) Won't go into all the details but basically as soon as I reached Hong Kong my phone said Sim not valid. Then went to Australia, same thing happened. Then India etc.. Whenever I called Apple or Verizon they blamed each other. So after a replacement phone, this same problem kept happening when I traveled overseas. Just a note, the first time it happened, I was using an iPhone six replacement phone and obviously the second time it happened (second trip) it was a replacement phone because they could not resolve the issue why it happened previously. It's amazing this problem could not be resolved but last night, can you believe it, they finally solved it. The Verizon global support told me to wipe my phone, then reinstall the software. I told them all of this is already been done numerous times, and challenged him to find the answer. He put me on hold and called tech support and Apple. When he came back on the line he said something very interesting happened. After giving the IMEI # to Apple,  Apple told him that my iPhone 6 was locked by tracphone, an American company owned by a Mexican Telecom. So I said how can a Mexican telecom lock a Verizon Sim and iPhone. He said "that is a very good question". So I stayed on hold while he got more information. When he came back online he said that he called TracFone and they have unlocked my device. When I queried him about how TracFone could have locked my device he said "your replacement device could have been theirs before" then he became a little nervous when I pressed for more information. I said obviously this doesn't make me comfortable because you haven't solved the problem why it happened and told your customers what is really happening. The agent then kept putting me on hold and stonewalling until he eventually I'm up on me 10:15 PM last night April 7 2016 Eastern standard time. At Verizon you cannot get back to a specific agent even if they hang up on you on purpose. When I traveled overseas, no foreign Sim would work (i.e. Airtel, Aircel etc) it has taken this long for someone to find out what is really happening. All this sounds very illegal to me since the documentation comes with the iPhone 6 says that the phone is unlocked. Now we know for a fact that some of these phones are refurbished and were being used in foreign countries and still have restrictions on them. Sounds like another Volkswagen type corruption scheme. How many hours this has wasted of my life, I cannot tell you. The fact that the Verizon agent hung up on me when I demanded an explanation, tells me they are certainly hiding something. Conspiracy stories really bother me because they are rarely based in fact. What I have told you here, I would swear on in any court of law. I mean really Tracphone? Are they getting copies of my information as well? Am I still on their network? Can they listen to my communications? How crazy is this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CBSai9, we are glad to hear that there has been a resolution to these traveling woes. As I mother of 3, I can only imagine being out of the country to find that you have no service. You are looking for answers and these are answers we may not be able to provide. Not for fear of doing something wrong, but for the fact that they will be answers that we truly do not have as we are not in the warehouse nor do we have access to the inventory listing and receipt of every device that is sent out as a replacement. YOu ask how you might have received a phone that was from another carrier, as warranty replacement phones are sent from the manufacturer to us to then send to the customer under warranty, there may indeed be phones from other carriers that end up in stock to be sent out.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CBSai9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response, but frankly that's not good enough. So many times I have spoken to Verizon advanced support and they talk to me like I'm stupid saying "all of our iPhones 6 devices are unlocked, you can wipe the phone or get a new SIM card” . But all over the Internet you can find this problem. YouTube, General Google search etc. But there is no leadership where someone would take initiative and find the answer to the problem. Finally I got it last night. Verizon guarantees an unlocked phone but this is not the case. Where is the accountability? How do I know that my Tracfone will work now? Verizon says it unlocked my iphone6 for international use even though it’s unlocked to begin with and they don’t know why it was locked by Tracfone. When these questions were asked to the agent last night, he began to stammer and then hung up on me. Very very cowardly indeed. I was always polite but demanded answers. Am I not entitled to this information since there were two trips and 10 weeks overseas with a non functioning iphone6 128gb that cost over $900? Are you saying Verizon is too busy to make sure their phones are unlocked? The warehouse is too big? Not enough employees? Hard to see how these explanations could hold water with any of Verizon’s management.

0 Likes