Iphone 5c stops showing voicemail notifications unless turned off and then back on
irisa

My iPhone 5c is supposed to show me on the main window if I have a missed call or a voicemail was left. At times it will only show me a missed call but won't show that a voicemail was left.. This will go on for days unless I shut down and restart the phone. As I don't usually shut the phone down I miss voicemails as they do not show up on the front page or on my voicemail notification box when I have my phone screen open. Why does this happen? I have been embarrassed by being days late with replies or call backs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5c stops showing voicemail notifications unless turned off and then back on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

irisa,

We understand how important it is to get your voicemails in a timely manner. When did this issue begin? Did anything change on your device around the time this started? How many days after do you power cycle your phone do you receive the voicemail notifications still before they no longer stop coming and you have to power the phone off again?

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5c stops showing voicemail notifications unless turned off and then back on
irisa

It probably was happening when I got the phone but I didn’t notice it. I wasn’t using the phone much then. But now I use it for business and am missing important calls. Nothing has changed on the phone. I read all the info on the internet and it seems this is a common problem. My cell data is on and I am connected to wireless when at home. My connection strength is very good here.I have made all the setting adjustments mentioned online. Yet I found no solutions documented on your web site or Apples. I can’t have this happen as I loose business if I don’t get messages. I want to send this phone back and get another brand. Please let me know what type of arrangements you can make for this to happen. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

irisa,

I completely understand how imperative it is to get this resolved, we don't want you anymore voicemail messages. Let's go to Settings>General>About>Software, what is the software version, incuding the content in ().

Also, go to Settings>Notifications>What are your Phone notifications set to? Does it ever notify you of voicemails? If it does, have you noticed it's with a particular contact or time of the day?

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can

benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
irisa

Nothing says software. It says version which is 8.3 (12f70) Firmware 4.01.00. I just did a test. It seems that with cellular data turned off I get a missed call notification but no voicemail notification or voicemail message in the system. With cell data turned off no voicemails come through at all. With cell data on I get voicemail notification and voicemail comes through but voicemails sent while data is turned off do not appear unless I reboot my phone.. I use wi fi here at home so cell data is turned off and I can not receive voicemail. Thats no good for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Irisa,

Thank you for responding.  We understand how important it is to make sure your receive your voicemails.  When connecting to Wi-Fi the phone is no longer connected to our network and some features may not always be available.  I apologize for any inconveneince.

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes