Iphone 5s shut off and will not restart
rshearerfam

My husband was using the phone, and it just shut off. The battery was close to 75%. I have tried plugging it into an outlet and into a computer, I have tried holding the power and home buttons together for over 60 seconds, nothing seems to work. Any other ideas or will I have to take it to a apple store? The closest one is over 90 miles, so I am trying to avoid that. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5s shut off and will not restart
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know what it's like to have a phone just shut off and not want to power on, rshearerfam. You've already tried some fantastic steps, and it's saddening to hear that you face possibly driving over 90 miles for some hands-on help. We have great online help you can do at your own convenience. Please visit this page to get started:

0 Likes
rshearerfam

Which page should I be visiting? I didn't see a link in your reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am terribly sorry that the rest of my reply got cut off, rshearerfam. It's imperative that we get your phone up and running as soon as possible. Here is the link to the page I was referring to: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5649664?tstart=0 It may be necessary to click on "view more" or "Read all Replies" to see the full thread. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes