Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iphone 6 Data eater
mas91998

Anyone else having problems with their iphone 6 using alot of data? My whole family had the iphone 4 and never went over our data package. My daughter got the iphone 5 when it came out no problem. My husband and I switched to Galaxy S5 no problem. Son got the new iphone 6 and it is using more data in a few days then he used in one month. Used 14GB in one month just his phone and he is shutting down the apps. I know he can go in a adjust setting and then adjust them back but what a hassle. I am for sure not an Apple fan anymore.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Iphone 6 Data eater
Loquat

ynggrsshppr91 is right.  Most people fail to realize that the AutoPlay in Facebook will KILL your data.  All of the advertisements, videos that your friends or family post, that stuff starts spooling up the minute to roll over it.  Most of the time you don't even have to click it before it starts rolling the video.  Disable this feature in Facebook so that a video only plays when you actually click on it.  This is a lesson that I learned the hard way...

View solution in original post

ynggrsshppr91

Stop the video previews on Facebook.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I definitely want to ensure you're able to maintain steady data usage! Here's a couple tips to help keep usage. Restrict app background usage, Settings > General > Background App Refresh - Turn Off. I would also suggest turning off App updates over cellular data. ( Settings > iTunes and App Store > Cellular Data - Off ) . In addition, ensuring that video playbacks are set to Wi-Fi within the Facebook settings can also help keep usage down.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

iPhone 6 has a much faster data connection than iPhone 4.  Look at settings / cellular, then scroll to the apps, that will tel, you which apps are using the data.  the facebook auto video, as mentioned is a big Dara waste.  Also how much Video is he watching.  It is not hard to get to 14 GB with video on LTE in a month.  Video can easily isw 1 even 2 GB per hour.

Loquat

ynggrsshppr91 is right.  Most people fail to realize that the AutoPlay in Facebook will KILL your data.  All of the advertisements, videos that your friends or family post, that stuff starts spooling up the minute to roll over it.  Most of the time you don't even have to click it before it starts rolling the video.  Disable this feature in Facebook so that a video only plays when you actually click on it.  This is a lesson that I learned the hard way...