Iphone 6s in Activation Lock switch SIM card to Iphone 5c
NEABRO25

My wife's Iphone 6s restarted itself and said it had to be activated like when you first get a phone. Long story short my wife doesn't know her Apple ID password and is going through the account recovery system with Apple. Yesterday we got the update that it would be 24 days before Apple would let her create a new password to let her get back in the phone. Of course she can't be without a phone for 3 and half weeks. Is it possible to put her SIM card in a 5c that a family member no longer uses? If so, how would we go about activating the phone? Of course we'd want to switch back to her phone once she has reset her Apple ID password. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6s in Activation Lock switch SIM card to Iphone 5c
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NEABRO25, we understand the importance of staying connected, especially since we rely so much on our mobile devices these days. I am concerned to learn that your wife has been without a phone while waiting for Apple to reset her information.

In the interim, you can certainly put her original SIM card in the inactive iPhone 5C. The 5C will activate on your wife's phone number until the 6S is ready for use again. Here is a link to the details on removing and inserting a SIM card: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-131456/  Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6s in Activation Lock switch SIM card to Iphone 5c
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since the iPhone 5c isn't VoLTE capable, it can no longer be activated on the Verizon Wireless network as of July 1st.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes